- First of all, doesn’t “I’m dating a scientist” sound impressive?
- They’re honest. And straight forward. And logic. Because that’s what they’re trained to be during a scientific writing sessions.
- You’ll never run out of things to talk about. Just ask your date a “why” question. He/she will likely know the long answer (and if they don’t know, they will find out).
- And they talk based on data (and don’t you know? They’re a good spy when it comes to collecting the data).
- Scientists do meticulous, time-consuming tests and experiments. This attention to details – and incredible patience – will serve your relationship well.
- You will know what’s scientifically inaccurate in your favourite sci-fi show. That’s a cool way to impress your friends.
- You’ll likely win a trivia night if you’re on the same team (and sometimes it means a big money).
- Access to dry ice and other cool chemical things. Best. Party. Ever.
- Hygiene. Scientists wash their hands before and after everything.
- And…finally, three words : Nerd Is Cool.
(From “15 reasons to date a scientist” by eHarmony, with some modifications. Well, don’t take it too seriously 😛 )